14.11.09

10 km in powder snow


Heavy snowfall all day made to days 10 km at Beitostølen a tuff experience. I started early, as number 14, and had the feeling to plow snow the first 5 km. My goal was to ski controlled the first 5-7 km and then put in some extra power in the end of the race, I managed to ski controlled in the beginning (maybe a bit to slow...) but unfortunately I was to passive in the end. I finished as 19th of the Norwegians, and as my goal was top 10-12 this is a disappointing result. My preparations was not god enough for Beitostølen, my next goal in cross-country skiing will be the National championships in Stokke.
Right now, I am really looking forward to the next competitions, the Ski-orienteering opening in Finland (Ylläs).

Results 10 km skating, women; click here.