12.12.09

Not always as planned; recovering in Trondheim

This weekend snow and ski-o at Venabu is exchanged with a sofa, rain and ice in Trondheim. My cold was worse that I thought, and as I did not feel 100% recovered and had pain in my legs yesterday, I decided to stay in Trondheim to recover this weekend. So although my bag and skis were prepared to leave, I had to skip Venabu Open and instead visited my doctor and physiotherapist. I took some tests at my doctor, I have probably had a virus infection, and need more time to recover. I have to train at low intensity till I am 100% recovered. Fortunately my physiotherapist (Osteopath) did his "magic" and "healed" my legs, with fresh legs I also feel better. I went for a test run this morning, it does not feel great, but OK. Unfortunately Christian is joining me at home with a sore throat this weekend. Just now our goal is to recover, then we have to make a new plan to get in shape for the important competitions in January, the World Cup in Russia and Norwegian championships in both cross-country skiing and ski-o.

No comments:

Post a Comment