10.1.10

Two times Norwegian champion!

This weekend I won two gold medals in the Norwegian championship, long distance and mens relay (!).
The long distance saturday was challenging and hard, and I won 2.39 in front of Tove Alexandersson( SWE junior (impressive!)) and Stine Kirkevik. Stine Kirkevik won the silver medal and Marianne Andersen the bronze medal (Picture by Reidun Hallan). Marianne keeps on impressing me in ski-orienteering! See map and my route choices here: Route gadget (choose D21) and results here: Results NM. Great course, terrain and tracks and beautiful winter weather, -8C and sunshine.

Sunday was a totally new, challenging experience for me, as I skied in the mens relay. It was very challenging to ski with the men, they ski faster and tougher and I had to ski at my limit all the way. A tough, but great experience. Øystein Kvaal Østerbø did a good job on the first leg and came in as number two 44 second behind Hans Jørgen Kvaale, Hadeland, and 3 seconds in front of Rasmus Korvald Skaare, Lillomarka. I was soon together with Jonas Juveli, Lillomarka, and we passed Hadeland OL towards the second control. I had a great advantage of skiing behind him controlling the orienteering, specially in the downhills it is much easier following behind. Most of the course we had the same controls, but I had to give him 30 sek in the long hard uphill towards the end. I changed over to Lars Moholt as number two, 30 sek behind Lillomarka. Lars skied a good leg and came to the finish line as number one! Results can be found here: Results NM Relay Men.

2 comments:

  1. Gratuliere Marte. Starke Leistungen! No en guätä weg bis nach Russland.
    Grüäss Gion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danke. Bin naturlich sehr zufrieden :-) Bis Russland, Marte

    ReplyDelete