5.2.10

Three times top three

For the third time this world cup round, I finished in top three, to day with a third place. My race was OK. I did a few bad route choices and lost time, but my major mistake was orienteering to the 7th control, the highest in the terrain, on the way to number 11. I lost 1 minute on this mistake and probably also the victory. Alena Trapeznikova won, 2 sec in front of Natalya Tomilova and 32 sec in front of me.

Results can be found here: results.

All in all the individual competitions here in Bulgaria have been a really positive experience for me. After a bad start in Russia it feels good to do some good international races. It has been tough races, with steep up-hills and challenging down-hills as well as some demanding route choices. We have experienced a few skiing accidents among the skiers the last days, and I have to admit that I had this in the back of my head in some of the down-hills to day. Liisa Anttila crashed bad in one of the down-hills to day and I hope she will recover fast.

To morrow we will ski mixed sprint relay. I will ski with Lars Moholdt and we are motivated to do a good relay.

2 comments:

  1. Gratulerer med nok en pallplassering, Marte! Gøy at du har funnet formen og er der du skal være - på toppen :-) Nå gjelder det bare å øve litt på tallene frem til EM... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Takk. Stas med tre ganger pallen på tre muligheter, men skulle gjerne vært den ekstrasløyfa foruten..

    ReplyDelete