1.5.10

Season sum up

Looking back at the 2009/2010 season, it was an amazing season. I had a slow start, lost my head and did stupid mistakes in ski-orienteering and had some mediocre performances in cross-country skiing. In the end of January all changed, in the middle of the Norwegian cross-country championships I finally skied fast again, my map reading improved and I started chasing the world cup total.

Together win Lars I won the first mixed world cup sprint relay

Nationally I won both individual Norwegian champion titles, the mens-relay and the Norwegian cup. Internationally, I ended as number two in the world cup total, something that seamed very unlikely after the first world cup round. The world cup started Russia and I did not get the start I was hoping for. I lost my head on the first race, mass start middle distance, and I did not manage to get the good feeling in this world cup round. I finished as number 18, 8 and 5. In Bulgaria and Romania I started the race for the world cup total, the terrain was perfect for me and I finished at the podium in all the races, and won two of them. My first world cup victory and individual European champion title. Unfortunately I was disqualified from the victory in the sprint distance at the European championship, I had a miss punching, my own mistake but a costly mistake. The fourth and last world cup round was held in Sweden, my physical shape was good and I knew I could win the total with good races and some luck. I did good races and finished two times as number two and won the last ultra long distance. And the total? Tomilova won, four points in front of me, Olga Novikova was third. I am however satisfied with my season, and really motivated to fight for a world championship title in Funäsdalen in Sweden next winter.

In Ånn Norway finally had a full womens team in the relay, together with Barbro Kvåle and Marie Asprusten I took a second place. Russia won, Sweden was third.

No comments:

Post a Comment