31.1.11

4th at the Norwegian championship xc skiing

This weekend, as a last preparation for the ski EOC I skied two competitions in the Norwegian championships in cross country skiing, sprint and relay. In the relay my team, Strindheim IL with Sigrid Aas, Silvana Bucher and me, finished 4th. Heming won the relay in front of Varden and Henning. We were hoping to fight for a medal, but got distanced with 50 sek on the first leg, so it was a tough fight to try get back to the lead. Sigrid had a tough day in the track and changed over at a 16 th place, I skied us up to a fifth place on the second leg and Silvana climed to the fourth place on the third leg. I changed over at the same time at Kristin Størmer Steira and it was good to have her back on the first 2 km where we picked almost 10 teams. It was also nice too feel the tempo of one of the worlds best xc-skiiers, and I decided to ski hard from the start and to use her back as long as possible. I feel strong at the moment, but had to give her some meters in the last climbs. Skiing alone it was tough to keep the same speed and I lost half a minute in the end of my leg. Silvana did a good race and lost only 30 sek to Astrid U Jakobsen that skied the fastest time of the day.

The sprint friday was ok, and I finished as number 19th, but I had much higher goals, to get to the semi finals and try to improve my 8th place from the last championships. However, as I did no cross-country specific training for sprint this year, I think it was ok after all. I did an ok prolog and skied on the 15th best time. In the 1/4 final I had a real bad start and came out as number 5 from the start, the front three got a gap, I passed number four and skied strong in the end, but it was not good enough and I ended as number 4 in my heat.

To day I will travel to Sjusjøen and Ski EOC. I am really looking forward to good competitions there.

No comments:

Post a Comment