26.3.11

Bronze!

To win the long distance mass start was my big goal at this Ski-WOC, but to day I really feel like I won the bronze medal (Picture: Ski WOC 2011). I have had some problems with a sore throat and a stuffed nose since the middle distance and this morning I did not even know if I was able to ski at all. I decided to warm up like normal, start the competition, and if I could ski with the lead the first controls I would try to do the whole competition. I got a good start, it felt a bit harder to breath than normal, but I was skiing with the lead to the first control. After the first control I was skiing alone most of the competition, I was number 7 at the map change, and when I saw that the second round seamed to be shorter I understood that I could fight for a medal. I did few mistakes and finished as number 3, a bronze medal that feels like a victory.

Results and gps tracking can be found here: Ski WOC 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment