11.5.09

Trondheim open

This weekend I took part in Trondheim Open, a three day orienteering event organized by our orienteering club Wing OK. Friday it was a sprint distance at Lerkendal stadium, home field of Rosenborg soccer team, saturday middle distance and sunday chasing start in Aunemarka, a part of Estenstadmarka in Trondheim. It was good competitions and the level was high, as both the norwegian and danish national team took place. For me it was the last test before the selection races for the nordic orienteering championships (20-24th. of May). I did a good sprint, some smaller mistakes, but all in all a good race and I finished as number 6 (5 of the norwegians).

The middle distance was a new pretty good race, I did 20-40 sek mistakes at the 2nd and 3rd control, but the rest was good. Then it was time for chasing start, I started as number 8th, but my mind was somewhere else and I did too many mistakes and finished as number 14.

All in all a good test before the NOM selection races.