13.11.09

Summer 2009


2009 has been a good training year. I have been healthy, training good and taken part in some competitions.
This spring I ran the two big relays, TIO and Venla (Jukola). Venla was a great experience, winning the first stage was great fun both for me and my team (Wing OK). We finished as number 11 in the end, new record for our team, but we intend to improve this record next spring. Other than this the 8th place in the long distance at the national championships was a highlight in orienteering.
I also had my international debut in bike-o this summer. The European championships in Denmark. I experienced really good competitions, challenging (and ski-o relevant) competitions. My best result was the sprint distance where I finished as number 9. I lack experience in reading the map on the bike, but it was great fun and good training and I will definitively do more MBT-O in the future. Christian came with me as support and biked the open competitions. MBTO EM maps etc. can be found here: MBT-O EM

We have had some good training camps with both the ski-o team and my cross-country club (Strindheim IL). Sognefjellet in sunshine in July, Bruksvallarna in August, Trondheim and Steinkjer in September and Austlid in November.