18.1.10

Challenging long distance and World Cup best 2010

To days long distance was maybe the most challenging o-technical long distance I have ever skied. 1:12500 map and a very dense network of tracks made both the route choices and map reading it self very challenging. I had high hopes before the start, but as soon as I saw the course I realised that to days race would be a very challenging race for me. Maybe my respect was to high, anyway I skied too slow the first round, focusing on the map being to passive. After this my race improved round by round, I did some bad route choices and two 30 sec mistakes in the end of the second round. Natalia Tomilova skied an amasing race, and won nearly six min in front of number 2. I did my best result so far this World Cup season, finishing as number 5, but 7 min behind Tomilova.

All in all, the first world cup round has been disappointing. I had much higher hopes than what I could perform here in St.Petersburg and really hope to improve my performances the next world cup rounds. I am really looking forward to the next rounds. (Picture: Sindre Haverstad)

Results: Long distance


No comments:

Post a Comment