23.1.10

One weekend, two championships

This weekend I am skiing both the national championships in cross-country skiing and part two in ski-orienteering. So far, two bad and one good race. This is the end of a hard competition period and I feel a bit tired, specially in the cross-country races. I had no ambitions in the cross-country championships this year, as I only skied one 10 km this season (in November) and that the sprint was held in classic style. However finishing as number 28 on 10 km skating, loosing 4 minutes to the winner Marit Bjørgen and more than 3 minutes to the podium, was still a bit disappointing. With a good race I should have been able to ski 1.30-2.00 min faster. I entered the classic sprint for the fun of it, but my kick wax did not give me the proper grip up the steep hill, I lost too much time and I did not qualify for the finals.
Norwegian championships cross-country skiing: Results.

Saturday I travelled to Asker to ski the middle distance norwegian ski-o championships. I skied a good o-technically race and won the competition in front of Stine Kirkevik and Barbro Kvaale. Christian skied his first competition this year, his back and a tough cold has kept him from competing so far this winter. He skied a pretty good race and finished as number 14, an ok results right now.
Norwegian championships middle distance: Women, Men.

To morrow I will ski the cross-country relay, the third leg for Strindheim IL.

No comments:

Post a Comment