18.3.10

Victory in ultra long distance and 4 points from WC total


I finished the season just like I was dreaming about, by winning the ultra long distance in the WC-final. It was a tough distance and as I skied alone most of the way I really had to focus on the orienteering. I just had a few minor mistakes and managed to keep the pace up alone. At the last map change before the short last round I turned around and saw nobody. I then knew that if I could just take the last controls without any mistakes I would probably win. Junior world champion Barbro Kvåle made the day even better and surprised us all with a third place, an amazing result. (Picture: ski-o.com)

Results: WC ultra long women.
The last competition was also a race for the world cup total, a race I missed with only 4 points. Only four points from victory feels a bit disappointing, but as Tomilova won the first two races in Sweden I did not only have to win, but needed Tomilova to be no better than fifth to win the total. Tomilova finished fourth and earns the world cup total. After the not to good WC season start in Russia, this season has been an adventure and I am more than happy with a second place in the overall WC. (Photo: Oskar Forsgren)

Christian did not ski the ultra long distance, but got valuable experiences the first three races for the world championship in Sweden next year. Christians season is over now, I will end mine after the Norwegian championships sprint relay (Cross country) the 26th of March.

3 comments:

  1. Hallå...saknar uttalande om priset för wc segern?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Elin, my mistake. How did I celebrate my WC victory in Ånn? Elin Vedin took me to Åre to have a "Kebab rolle", something nearly as swedish as meat balls, and a tasty meal after the ultra long distance. I have been extra keen to win one of the competitions in Sweden since the WC round in Russia, when Elin promised me to go to Åre for Kebab rolle if I won in Sweden. Elin kept her words and we went to Åre together with, Barbro, Marie and Kajsa. Hopefully we will have more "kebab rolls" next year at the world championships in Sweden :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) bra. Nu är jag nöjd.

    ReplyDelete