27.6.10

Summer skiing at Sognefjellet

We just returned to Trondheim after the traditional Sognefjellet training camp with the Norwegian ski-o team. The weather was varying from blue sky and sunshine to fog and rain, but despite that the snow was melting by the hour the skiing conditions were good and we enjoyed the tracks and the panoramic view.
We went skiing every morning when the tracks were hard and in the afternoon we ran and roller-skied. The main focus on this training camp was endurance training and skiing technique.
As I had trouble with a shoulder inflammation after the season, and only have had three roller-ski sessions this summer, I was anxious about skiing again. Luckily I felt no pain in the shoulder and I trained after the plan. My patience this spring staying away from skiing and roller-skiing seams to have paid off.

Hans-Jørgen Kvaale, map training at Sognefjellet.

This is how a typical training camp looks like for us (I had to adjust some, as it was enough with one ski session a day for my shoulder):

Wednesday:
1. Run 1.30 h, + core 0.45
Thursday:
1. Skiing, 2.00 h
2. Rollerskiing (Chr/Team)/Bike(Marte) 2.00
Friday:
1. Skiing, interval training 5*10 min, I3, 1.30 h
2. Long run, 3.00 h
Saturday:
1. Skiing with double poling, 2.00 h
2. Test race rollerski (Chr/Team)/ running intervals 5*5 I4 (Marte), 1.30h
Sunday:
1. Skiing, 3.00 h
(Total 17.15 h)

Lars Moholdt
Sindre Haverstad and Lars Moholdt on a long run
Christian roller-skiing in Bøverdalen

No comments:

Post a Comment