1.10.10

MTB-O World Cup Teolo, Taly

From 18. to 20. September I was taking part in the World Cup in mountainbike-orienteering in Teolo. Teolo ist situated about 50 km west of Venezia in a hilly region with a lot of wineyards.
The World Cup started with a sprint in Vo. It was raining the whole day and the conditions were quite difficult with a lot of mud. I had some problems on the first controls. The rest of my race was quite ok. I am satisfied with a 17.position but not with my race. A lot of the best athletes had big problems that day and were long behind. Results of all the races can be found here.
The middle distance was held partly in the same terrain. Again I had problems in the beginning and lost quite a lot of time to the 2.control. The rest of the race was OK and I ended on a 26.position.

middle distance

This years World cup ended with a mixed relay. I was riding the second leg for Switzerland 2. I was tired after the to first races and lost quite much time without any big mistake. The relay was held in a steeper terrain with a less dens network of tracks and more routechoices.

relay

waiting for changeover in relay

finish area middle distance and relay

Before flight home again I had half a day to visit Venice, a beautiful and fascinating city, that I would like to visit again. After my return I went directly to a triningscamp with the norwegain ski-o team in Horten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment